CLASSES and PROGRAMS

Boot Camp, Pro-Fit, Box-Fit, Personal Training, Yoga, Zumba, Dance-Fit, Ballet-Fit, Turbo Kick, Rage Kids, Teen Fit, Krav Maga, Sole Training and Sports Training / Conditioning


( 801)358-2089



RAGE BOOT CAMP SIGN-UP INFO!


Email Kenny at rage.fit@gmail.com to sign up! There are only 20 spots available in each class! Questions? call Kenny at 801-358-2089!



Monday, July 2, 2012

A Letter From Jim

Kenny,

I got back from King Salmon fishing on the Nushagak River outside of Dillingham, AK on saturday.  I had a blast.  If you've never caught salmon and you like fishing this trip needs to be on your list.  Some of the reasons I was able to have so much fun was the training you and I have been doing:

*  The guide likes to feel our biceps when we're reeling in a big fish and then announce to everyone that the person with the fish is really working hard.  When he felt mine he said, "I thought we were fishing, not at a gun show!"  He then referred to my biceps as pythons the rest of the trip.

*  All the experienced fisherman were surprised and commented about how well I was able to pick up the form and technique for reeling these big fish in.  It's because planting my feet, squaring my body, and using my back, arms, and legs with the pole was very natural because of all the different exercises we do in training.  I listened to guys complaining about soreness in their legs, back, and arms, but it was just like a regular workout for me.

*  My guide was very pleased with my performance and called me his protege.  I had the strength to be able to maintain pressure on the fish with an arched pole as I reeled it in.  The experienced guys didn't have the strength to maintain that form, so they had to relax the line as they reeled in, which made me, the rookie, look very good and enabled me to lose fewer fish because they couldn't get any slack on the line.

I don't have words to describe how much fun this trip was.  I can't promote it enough.  I brought home 44lbs of salmon filets.  I attached a picture of the first King I caught.

My buddy gained 5 lbs on this trip, because the camp cook fed us very well.  I lost 2 lbs.  This is what I was hoping for.  I figured that if I got out and started moving around a bit every day, instead of sitting at a computer, the weight would start coming off, again.  We ate well, my activity level was significantly increased, it was cold (below freezing 1 night) but my metabolism kept me very warm, and I lost weight.  And even though I only lost 2lbs, I could see the difference on my belly in the mirror (so exercise must have built up some muscle elsewhere), and my belt shows I lost nearly an inch off my belly for the week.  I figure if I could do stuff like this all the time my belly would shrink down in no time!

I look forward to resuming training once my play schedule settles down.  :)


Jim


No comments: